Dark Horse Flyers: A Major Endorphin Hit

On Saturday April 6th I took my fist real ride with the Dark Horse Flyers, a roughly 60 km route from downtown out to the Zoo on the outer edge of the suburbs and back.

There were about 14 of us, and it was early in the season, so I was hoping that the group would be going easy. My biggest concern was that I wouldn't be able to keep up. As it turned out, I  had nothing to worry about. A bit of nerves around not not screwing things up.

But the real revelation as what what it was like to ride in a group.
Wow. Un-be-lievable.

Usually I'm riding with 2 or 3 other guys, and generally without much organization around pulling. But rolling along at in a big double paceline at 35 km/hr was amazing.

It was such a buzz my brain was floating in endorphins for the rest of the day.

Lots of this stuff.
Now I can't wait for Saturday mornings.

Zoo ride again today, with perfect weather: sunny, cool, just a little wind. Awesome.


Comments

GC Leader: Favourite Post